KAPP Engineering’s Praveen Paul and Dimantha Jayasinghe have just returned from Rockwell Automation’s premier technical event “Automation Fair” held at Houston, Texas, United States. The event provided access to technical seminars, future product releases and a large exhibition floor featuring exhibits from the Rockwell Automation PartnerNetwork.
A significant amount of knowledge and exposure was obtained from the event which started off with the PSUG (Process Solutions User Group) event which focused on practical process control applications. There were numerous case studies which KAPP attended which focused primarily on Rockwell Automation’s DCS – PlantPAx and its many applications. Automation Fair then followed over the course of two days where there were numerous technical sessions, labs and workshops.
Key highlights include;
- The mass deployment of virtualised environments (VMWare) in the process control industry
- The “internet of things” (connection of all devices to Ethernet based backbone including the latest E300 intelligent motor starters)
- PlantPAx DCS and its application in distributed and even standalone applications
- Rockwell-Cisco Stratix 5900 Services Router which provides the first step into a router that provides several security functions to protect control system Ethernet networks
- Pre-release look at new features available in FT View 8 and Studio 5000 v22
- Rockwell Encompass Partner Products and Solutions displayed on the Exhibition Floor
KAPP Engineering is very appreciative of the opportunity provided by the Australian Distributors for Rockwell Automation – NHP Electrical for coordinating the visit to Automation Fair 2013.
This is a “must” visit event for an Engineer in the Process Control & Automation Industry!