MAK Pilbara MBR Plant
MAK Industrial Water Solutions - Membrane Bio-Reactor Plant for LNG Site in the Pilbara
MAK Industrial Water Solutions
MAK Industrial Water Solutions specialise in the design, manufacture, supply and hire of reverse osmosis, water treatment, desalination plant and wastewater treatment equipment.
KAPP Engineering was contracted by MAK Water to design and develop the PLC control system for water treatment at the camp site for the Chevron Wheatstone project.
The overall process comprises of the following sub-processes:
- Raw Water Feed & Supernatant
- Main Bioreactor
- Ultra-filtration Plant (composing of two independent trains)
- Treated Water
- Chemical Dosing
The WTP was to be housed in 3 x 40-foot Sea Containers and the flow requirement (i.e. flow per day) was to be adjusted by the operator based on the camp population.
The control system comprised of a Allen Bradley Compact Logix PLC, which communicated with two Point I/O chassis over Ethernet/IP. The PLC included 173 digital I/O and 44 analogue I/O. A C-More 12” colour touch screen provided the operator interface. Cellular 3G Remote Access to the plant control system provides MAK personnel with remote diagnostics and troubleshooting.
KAPP Engineering designed and developed a flexible and user-friendly control system, including P&ID style graphic screens which allow the operator to view the status of the entire plant at a glance. Intuitive system settings and maintenance mode controls ensure that the system is highly flexible and simple to maintain and troubleshoot.
The Bioreactor PLC chassis comprised of the
- 10 x Analogue Transmitters (Level, Pressure, pH, DO etc.)
- 2 x Valves
- 16 x Digital Instruments (Level Switches, Flow Switches, Totalisers etc.)
The Ultrafiltration Point I/O chassis comprised of
the following equipment;
- 15 x Analogue Transmitters (Flow, Pressure etc.)
- 20 x Valves
- 10 x Digital Instruments (Flow/Pressure Switches, Totalisers etc.)
The Chemical Point I/O chassis comprised of the
- 8 x Analogue Transmitters (Flow, Pressure etc.)
- 20 x Valves
- 15 x Digital Instruments (Flow/Pressure Switches, Totalisers etc.)